"Measurement Data Reporting per ASME Y14.45" - Course Outline
- Geometree XYZ LLC "Mechanical Drawing Practices"
- Geometree XYZ LLC "GD&T From A to Z with the Geometree"
- Geometree XYZ LLC "GD&T Applications and Tolerance Stack Analysis"
Learning Objectives, each participant will:
- Understand the 3 "Methods" or reporting data, defined by ASME Y14.45-2021.
- Understand the data content requirements for each type of tolerance found in ASME Y14.5.
- The objective of ASME Y14.45.
- The data reporting "Methods" defined in ASME Y14.45-2021.
- How Y14.45 covers rounding and measurement undertainty.
- Does Y14.45 mandate a particular data report format?
- The data content for each type of tolerance defined by ASME Y14.5.
- The surface method and resolved geometry method for toleranced with Maximum Material Condition (MMC) or Least Material Condition (LMC) modifiers and the data reporting considerations for each.
- Would like to express interest in a Live Webinar for this course, or
- would like to express interest in a Public Seminar for this course, or
- if you have any questions about this course,
- please use this link: INQUIRE, or
- please using this link if you would like to REQUEST A QUOTE FOR AN ON-SITE COURSE
About Your Trainer:
Dean Watts has been providing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) training and consulting since 1999. Prior to his engineering education he worked in production machining, precision sheet metal, and TIG welding. He is an American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Senior Level GD&T Professional (ASME GDTP S-0295). He is a member of three ASME standards development committees: ASME Y14.5 “Dimensioning and Tolerancing", ASME Y14.8 “Castings Forgings and Molded Parts”, and ASME Y14.45 “Measurement Data Reporting” (Chair). He holds BSIE and MSME degrees from Oregon State University. He taught ME 411/511, a GD&T fundamentals course, for 10 years as an adjunct faculty member at Oregon State University. He is also a former U.S. Navy Submarine Warfare Officer, and retired U.S. Coast Guard Reservist.